With 150 recipes, there is surely something for everyone. We decided that each child that could cook, would pick a recipe to bake, and we would rate it as a family. We rated the recipes on a scale of 0 to 10. 10 stars--everyone liked it. 0 stars--no one liked it. Here are the six recipes that we tested. You will notice our taste testers have code names, named after foods. So you will see Kids Code Name Choice and then The Name of the Recipe.
- Momma Endive's Choice --- Oh-So-Delicious Sandwich Cookie (9 Stars )
I really liked that this recipe called for your choice of white, brown, or sorghum flour. We used a blend of all three.
- Chowder's Choice ---Choco-Loco Bites (5 stars)
- Streudel's Choice ---Lovely Lemon Raspberry Bites (3 stars)
- Yummy Chocolate's Choice---Chocolicious Petit Fours (7 stars)
(I didn't get a picture of these. They ate them all before I could get one!)
- Sweet Tart's Choice--- Hearty Chocolate Chippers (6 stars)
- Cheesburger's Choice --- Light'n Lacy Oatmeal Crisps (10 stars)
The cold hard facts were, that my kids gobbled up five out of the six cookie recipes. They throroughly enjoyed them. As for the adults, we enjoyed two out of the six. In the end, I am torn. In fairness to the author, I only tested 6 out of 150 recipes. I am going to check the book out from the library and try some more recipes. When I make more cookies, I will be sure to post the updates.