Free of: Gluten, Soy, Corn, Egg, Dairy
This is recipe comes from the November Issue 2009 of Martha Stewart's Everday Foods Magazine. It is one of our family's favorite side dishes.
- 1 pound red new potatoes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with 2 inches salted water. Bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes are just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain thoroughly. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high; add potatoes and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, mashing potatoes slightly, until golden brown in spots, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Add bacon to skillet. Cook until bacon is browned, about 3 minutes. Add green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add to potatoes along with lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.