This year we added these cookies to our Christmas cookie list. These cookies remind me of the Pinwheel cookies that they sell in the store.
Free from: Gluten, Soy*, Dairy, Corn*, Egg, Nuts
12 of your favorite not to sweet GF biscuit type cookies or GF Shortbread Cookies *
Half the recipe of homemade marshmallows*
8 oz. of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 Tbsp oil
- Top each shortbread cookie with a 1 inch ball of marshmallow. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine the chocolate and the oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute intervals until it's melted and smooth.
- Dip the cookie into the chocolate until it is well coated. (I used my fingers here.)
- Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate until they set. About one hour.
|Shortbread with homemade marshmallows on top.|
- I have posted a shortbread recipe that you can use if you need a soy, corn, egg, dairy, gluten free cookie.
- I have not tried this as a substitute, but wondered if you could use Suzanne's Ricemellow Creme, Marshallow Cream Non-Dairy Substitute . If I tried it, I think I would top the cookie with the ricemellow and then put in it the refrigerator for at least fifteen minutes, or until firm before dipping in the chocolate.