I found this cookies recipe on Food.com. It is by Nana Lee. The recipe not only got rave reviews but it also gave suggestions for making a crumb crust that looks great as well using this recipe as a base.
I used this recipe as the cookie for my GF Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies.
Free of: Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy, Corn*, Nuts
1/2 cup of cornstarch or arrowroot starch*
1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar*
- Sift the starch, sugar, and rice flour together.
- Add the shortening.
- Mix with hands until soft dough forms. Refrigerate one hour.
- Shape dough into 1" balls.
- Place about 1 1/4 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten cookies with lightly floured fork.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- The original recipe called for rice flour, so feel free to use your favorite rice flour. I used the Authentic Foods Brown Superfine in mine.
- Also, be sure if you are going corn free to use the arrowroot starch and corn free confectioner's sugar.
- Variations: Form balls as above. Roll in finely crushed corn flakes or crushed nuts. Press top of ball with thumb. Add a dab of jelly. You can also mix 2 Tbsp finely chopped citrus pell and/or finely chopped nuts and flatten with lightly floured fork.