Another one of our staple cookies at Christmas time is the snickerdoodle. I just love the way the cinnamon fills the air.
Free of: Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy, Corn*, Nuts
1 1/3 cup Cybele Pascal's Gluten Free Flour Blend
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl sift flour, xanthan/ guar gum, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream the shortening and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in egg replacer.
- Beat in half the flour into the sugar mixture. Beat in the second half, until well mixed.
- Pinch off small pieces of dough and roll into marble sized balls.
- In a small bowl mix the cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before removing them.