- 1 cup Cybele's Gluten Free Flour blend
- 1/2 tsp xanthan or guar gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 medium onion diced
- 5 tablespoons rice milk or other dairy free milk
- 1/3 cup egg whites or 1 whole egg
- oil for frying
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- Whisk egg white and milk together.
- Add onions and egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix together until the ingredients are moistened. (Batter is thick.)
- Heat oil until about 365 degrees.
- Drop the batter by rounded teaspoons into the hot oil and fry until golden. (About 2 min.)
- Cook in small batches. Drain on paper towels, and serve hot!