I got this recipe from a December 2000 Better Homes and Garden magazine. Unlike regular truffles, it contains no cream cheese, or heavy cream.
- 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
- 8 oz prunes or pitted dates
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of Ocean Spray Craisins Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- In a food processor blend the walnuts, prunes or dates, raisins, craisins, coconut, cocoa and cinnamon. Scrap down as often as necessary.
- Add the peanut butter and process until the mixture will form a ball.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in your 3 Tbsp of powdered sugar.