Here is the promised muffin recipe from the last post. I have searched high and low for a carrot cake recipe that reminded me of my Philadelphia Cream Cheese Carrot Cake Recipe. I have tried many recipes, but everything fell short. I decided that I just needed to take the original recipe and make it gluten free if I was going to have what I wanted. I put the batter in muffin tins because it cooked better. This muffin is tender and oohhh-so delicious!
- 1-1/2 cup Cybele Pascal's Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/2 tsp xanthan or guar gum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Spectrum Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp dairy free sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine flour, xanthan gum, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add pumpkin, sour cream and extract. Blend well.
- Adding flour mixture a little at a time until all ingredients are just moistened. Don't over beat.
- Stir in carrots, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Batter will be thick. Fill lined muffin tins full with batter.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely to prevent crumbling. Enjoy!