- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp arrowroot
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium saucepan, add agave syrup, white sugar, brown sugar, and water.
- Over medium high heat, stir sugars together. When it begins to warm, add the arrowroot starch and stir until it dissolves and there are no lumps.
- Stir occasionally until mixture boils. Boil for 2 minutes without stirring.
- Stir in walnuts and continue to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Store cooled mixture in a canning jar, and refrigerate overnight before using.
- You could use this immediately after it has cooled down, but the sauce will be very thin. If you refrigerate overnight, the flavor blends beautifully, the taste is richer, and the syrup is thicker.