Granola Base Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp Spectrum Shortening
- 2/3 cup organic creamy or chunky natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
Nut or Seeds (add in 1/4 cup of choice)
- almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, coconut.
- be sure to chop nuts before incorporating
Fruit (add in 1/4 cup of choice)
- dried cherries, blueberries, cranberries, raisins, dates, figs, chocolate chips (I know it's not a fruit, but it is yummy!)
- In a medium bowl, add shortening, peanut butter, sugar, honey, and vanilla extract. Beat until well blended.
- Stir in brown rice cereal, oatmeal, choice of nut and fruit.
- Form mixture into 1 inch balls.