I saw this recipe on All Recipes.com and modified it to make it gluten free. It was quick, easy, and yummy. I just wish I had had my dairy free vanilla ice cream to top it with when I ate it.
- 4 Tbsp Spectrum Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup Cybele Pascal's Gluten Free Flour Blend*
- 1/2 tsp guar or xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dairy free vanilla flavored milk
- 2 cups of your favorite fresh fruit (peaches, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, or combination of fruits OR frozen berries that have been thawed and drained - I also like to pat mine dry)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place shortening in an 8x10 dish; set in oven to melt. Once melted, remove the pan from the oven.
- Mix together thoroughly, flour, guar gum, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add milk, stir to form a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle the fruit over the batter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until done.