It's that time again...Strawberry Picking Season!!! Time for jammin for the year. I used these recipes to make our jelly with pectin, or without pectin. I also used the Pomona's corn free pectin .
- 3 organic apples peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 strawberries, washed and stems removed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar (optional)
- In a small saucepan, add apples, strawberries, and water.
- Bring to a boil. Turn down to low-medium heat. Let simmer for 30 minutes or until apples are soft enough to mash.
- Mash with potato masher until desired chunkiness.
- Stir in agave, cinnamon, and vanilla sugar.
- Let simmer 5 more minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- You can add a small amount of lemon juice if you want.
- I have also made this by adding one pear to the mix, and cooking it up the same way.
|Chunks of apples and strawberries ready to be cooked.|