|Pumpkin Pie, Cranberry Pie, Date Walnut Pie|
What you need:
Favorite GF Pie Crust (I use Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook pie crust - it is Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy Free. Another pie crust I have tried, is Jeannes's pie crust, I used shortening instead of butter.)
Date Walnut Filling:
- 4 medjool dates, pitted and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
In a small saucepan, combine water, dates, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat until it begins to boil. Stir and mash the dates until it forms a paste. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and walnuts.
Cranberry Applesauce Pie
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened Cranberries
- 3 Tbsp walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Spectrum Shortening
- 1 Tbsp applesauce
- 1 Tbsp GF all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp guar gum
Stir together well.
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 Ener-G Egg Replacer egg made according to the package
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk
- 1/2 tsp guar gum
Beat together until well blended.
- Roll the pie dough about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out shapes.
- Using a sandwich technique, place pie crust on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Press in a lollipop stick half way through the dough. Spoon about 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp filling, depending on size of pies. Top with another pie crust cut out.
- Press together with the tines of a fork, sealing the pies together.
- Repeat the process until all the dough is used.
- If you can have egg, feel free to brush the tops with an egg wash. Sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-18 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Gobble them up!