- 1 cup Spectrum Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp gf vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp xanthan or guar gum
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Ener-G Egg Replacer egg made according to package
- 1-1/2 cup Cybele's Gluten Free Flour Mix*
- 1-1/2 cup McCANN'S Irish Oatmeal, Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl combine flour, oatmeal, flax meal, salt, nutmeg, xanthan or guar gum, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the shortening and brown sugar.
- Add the Ener-g egg and vanilla extract. Blend together.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, until well mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, cranberries, and walnuts. (The dough will be stiff.)
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, roll dough into 1 inch balls and flatten with the palm of your hands.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a plate.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
*Remember when using Cybele's flour, scoop the flour out with a spoon into your measuring cup.