|Pork Broth Cubes|
The base ingredients:
- 10 cups of water
- 3 stems (leaves and stems and all) of fresh cilantro
- 3 stems (leaves and stems and all) of fresh parsley
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 of a large quartered onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs of meat
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Place all ingredients into a large pot (I use a 6 qt pot.) Cook until it is reduced to half. Strain the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Store in jars or ice cube trays.
- If I am making soup, I chop the garlic, celery, and onion so that the pieces may remain in my soup. However, I do remove the stems and leaves from the cilantro and parsley.
- I use the lesser parts of meat to make my broth ----turkey wings, and pork neck bones to make a flavorful broth.
- I freeze my broth in ice cube trays. I take out as many as I need to make gravy, or use to cook my rice. Add meat pieces if you want them in gravy.