1 (4oz) cubed pancetta
1 (4oz) prosciutto
2 cups thinly sliced red onions
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 jar of favorite organic spaghetti sauce
3/4 jar full of water from the spaghetti sauce jar
2 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil*
Salt and Pepper
2 pinches of sugar
Cooked gf spaghetti of choice
- In a skillet saute pancetta and prosciutto over medium heat. Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes, until browned.
- Add onion and crushed red pepper. Cook until onions are softened.
- Add balsamic vinegar, spaghetti sauce, and water.
- Bring to a simmer and do so for 5 minutes.
- Add oil, salt and pepper to taste, and two pinches of sugar. Simmer 5 more minutes.
- Toss sauce with pasta and serve.
* If you don't have garlic infused olive oil, you can saute 1 chopped clove of garlic with your onions, and add 2 Tbsp of olive oil.