Recently Allergy Mother of Three wrote in asking if my Everything GF Bread Dough could be made without using a bread machine.
The answer is yes!
I decided to try some alterations besides just using a stand mixer. I also decided to try my favorite all purpose gluten free flour, Better Batter. It already has xanthan gum, so I omitted it when I made the bread. I also omitted the dough enhancer and had great success.
Below is the original recipe with the directions for using a stand mixer. This time I made small pita bread rounds.
1 cup warm water
1 Ener-G Egg Replacer egg
2 tablespoons canola oil
3-1/4 cups Cybele's GF Flour Blend
1-1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp salt
1 teaspoon dough enhancer (optional)
2-1/2 teaspoon yeast
- In a stand mixer pour 1/2 cup warm water and sprinkle on yeast. Let sit for 5-10 minutes until frothy.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Fit stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Add egg replacer, oil, and the remaining 1/2 cup of the water to the yeast. Mix on low, and slowly add flour mixture.
- Beat for 3 minutes on high.
- Shape the dough into small flat bread rounds (or flat rectangles for flat bread).
|Brushed with an herbed garlic oil, sea salt, and rosemary.|
- Let rise for 15 minutes in a warm draft free place.
- Bake at 350 ˚ F for 15 minutes or until done.